Update: Thank you for your kind donations, John from Hemlow (who provide a maintenance service at Tricorn House) have kindly offered to deliver all of the donations on Monday 23rd December to the Birmingham Shelter. A huge thankyou to John!
Christmas is approaching and the Tricorn Front of House Team managed by CEG would like to mark the occasion with supporting a local charity. The Birmingham Christmas Shelter Organisation work hard to provide a place of shelter, warmth and three hot meals a day (among other provisions) over the Christmas period to those in need. To find out more about the excellent work this charity does, or to volunteer your time, then please follow the link here:
We are planning on collecting a range of items that would be of use to the service users and would really appreciate a combined effort from everyone at Tricorn House to get involved and donate what they can. We will be collecting goods from Monday 2nd December through to Friday 20th December 2019, this allowing us time to have goods collected and distributed to those in need before the festive period. Items to consider donating will be listed in Tricorn Reception.
● New socks, men’s and ladies underwear, warm hats, scarves and gloves.
● Jogging pants and warm jumpers in a range of sizes – mainly men’s; trainers and shoes for men & women (no sandals please)
● Toiletries for men and women especially toothbrushes – no roll on deodorants for hygiene reasons
● For hygiene reasons, in date and individually wrapped sweets, mini chocolate bars, biscuits, dried fruit, cereal bars and small cakes, packets of crisps
● Good quality decaffeinated instant coffee, teabags, hot chocolate, sugar, cartons of long life milk
● Xmas crackers with no sharp objects inside
● Christmas presents such as torches with batteries, small packs of sweets, 2020 diaries, mobile phone powerbanks, puzzle and sudoku books, adult colouring books and pencils etc. No alcohol please.
● Christmas wrapping paper
● Colourful paper napkins
● Bag for Life shopping bags, large handbags, small backpacks
● Winter warmth sleeping bags
● Dog food
If you are able to support us please deposit items with ground floor reception staff. Please note – we will NOT be accepting cash or cheque donations. If you would like to donate in this way, please do so directly with Birmingham Christmas Shelter.